Rad Reading-February

This month I’ve read the book Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Ready Player One is a dystopian novel that takes place in the year 2045, during that year the planet is on the brink of chaos and collapse and people come to Oasis(a virtual reality world) to seek salvation. James Halliday created the Oasis, and when he died, he promised his immense fortune to whoever could solve and find all his keys. Wade Watts sets himself up to the challenge and joins the contest to get the keys. After years of researching Halliday’s life, Wade is the first to get the copper key. Wade becomes the first one on the leaderboard and gains a lot of fame and unwanted attention, the company IOI wanting the immense fortune does everything to take Wade down and get him to share his ways of getting the key. Wade travels through all of Oasis collecting clues and getting keys. This novel hooks its readers into this fascinating book, I loved this book as it felt futuristic. It never lets you put the book down as it is so intriguing and suspenseful. It is filled with actions and very tense moments that make the novel outshine many others. My favorite character from the novel was Halliday and he was my favorite character because he was the start of the whole book. My favorite character trait about him was that he was very intelligent, “He was the videogame designer responsible for creating the Oasis… Halliday was one of the wealthiest people in the world.” This shows how smart Halliday was as he was the founder of Oasis which made him very rich. My favorite quote from the book is, “Everyone my age remembers where they were and what they were doing when they first heard about the contest.” This is a very meaningful piece to the novel as it was the very first sentence written, therefore paving a path for the novel to unfold. Overall Ready Player One is a really interesting book that you could never put down, it is a perfect summer read and is overall light. If you ever get a chance to read this amazing book I would recommend it.

2 Thoughts.